Frida Kahlo is the subject of this month's study. Her art is well known for its Mexican influence and its sad reflection of the artist's tragic health struggles.
In preparation for class, please print the image below and hang it in a place where your children will be able to view it often.
Still Life With Parrot
For a printable image click here
This month's project will require the following supplies:
- One 12"x12" piece of red, green, or blue construction paper
- One piece of white(blank) copy paper
- Oil pastels
- One toothpick
- Pencil (any kind will do, a drawing pencil is not necessary)
- Glue stick
- Black fine tipped marker or colored pencil
- Paper towels
- OPTIONAL - old towels to be donated to the Animal Rescue League
This is the perfect class for animal lovers. After we complete our projects, the children's artwork will be turned into a poster and used to collect supplies for the pets at the Animal Rescue League of New Hampshire.
See you Tuesday, March 13th at 6:30!