Hi everyone -
I'm going to make this quick because I have about four zillion things to get done before I get to bed tonight (and it is already past 11:00), so please forgive the weird formatting issues. My computer is fighting with me tonight and I have decided to let it win.
This month we are going to be using Black markers and chalk stain, and our artwork will be used to decorate boxes which will be filled with treats for our town employees.
WANT TO GET MORE INVOLVED IN OUR COMMUNITY SERVICE EFFORTS? If your family would be willing to fill and deliver one of the boxes (you can deliver in your own town, it does not need to be exclusive to Bedford), please let me know. I will give you the box, artwork, and ideas for treats to put inside, and you can bring it to your favorite librarian, sanitation worker, or fireman at your convenience.
Our featured artist is:
1881 - 1973
In preparation for class please print Picasso's Three Musicians (1921, Museum of Modern Art, New York) and post it in a place where it can be easily seen.
You will need to bring the following supplies to class:
- 11"x11" white construction paper - one per person
- 12"x12" colored construction paper - one per person, any color
- Several tissues/paper towels (please check to make sure that they do not contain lotion)
- Black cone tipped marker - one per person
- Chalk Pastels
- Scissors - one per person
- Pencil (regular #2, not a drawing pencil) - One per person
- Glue stick (NOT WHITE GLUE THIS WEEK!!!)
- Q-tips - 1 per person
See you on February 8th at 6:30!