This month's artist is featured at LibertyHillHouse.com. There you will find books, crafts, games and more covering the amazing life of Leonardo da Vinci.
Saturday, February 28, 2015
Monday, February 16, 2015
Leonardo da Vinci
Florenz, Galleria degli Uffiai
In preparation for class we have the delight of studying one of the most famous paintings of all time, the Mona Lisa. Please hang a copy of this image in a place where you will see it often.
What is it that makes this painting so compelling?
|La Joconde (Mona Lisa)|
oil on poplar wood
Musee du Louvre, France
For this project you will need:
- Tru Ray Acid Free Construction Paper (assorted colors) - 1 piece white cut to 12”x12” (or 8.5 x 8.5 if that is the largest size you have) per student
- 3 Drawing Pencils #HB, 2B, and 4B - need 1 set per student
- (for worksheet only) Prang crayons, one 8 color set - need: 1 set per student
- 1 glue stick - can be shared
- 1 kneaded eraser - can be shared
- optional: paper towels or baby wipes to keep fingers clean
Looking forward to seeing you Friday, February 20, 2015 at 6:30!