- Theodor Geisel lived nearby. Consider planning a trip to the Dr. Seuss Memorial Sculpture Gardens in Springfield Massachusetts. I have a feeling you will recognize a lot of the characters!
- Later this year there will also be a Dr. Seuss museum opening in Springfield too. Keep an eye on their website for more information.
- While in Springfield you can take your own walk down Mulberry Street. Let me know if you encounter any lions.
- Reading Dr. Seuss's books is fun, but sometimes it is nice to have them read to you. See if you can find a title that you don't recognize.
- View work by Theodor Geisel that was not published in his books. His self-portraits are my favorite.
- Dr. Seuss is well loved, but Theodor Geisel told many lies that are still remembered today, including deceiving his father into believing that he was receiving a scholarship to Lincoln College in Oxford.
- Think about this verse, "How can our talk build others up or benefit them? Why can't "kind, white lies" really build others up?